ABOUT SHIPPING BUSINESS
The term SHIPPING means the process where the item is transported through different shipping modes. It may be AIR,SEA OR ROAD transport. It is a common way of getting an item deliver from one place or person to other. In simpler words, shipping helps to transport goods through land, sea or air and delivering goods to destination.
The time period taken by the shipment to reach its intended destination comprises of various factors which includes the availability of time and order placement request of the product, if it is shipped online. There is a contract between the shipping company and customer including the cost, insurance, mode of shipment and packing requirement which are liable.
Secondly the shipment is also based on the weight of the product. It comprises of the total weight of an item including packaging, wrapping or any box used but the weight of the container is not included .Once the consignment is booked the shipping company provides a manifest which is the record by which a customer can tally the shipped item. It has the detailed summary of the consignment issued by the shipping company which includes consignee no. , Origin of item, destination of item, value and weight. If it’s a cargo shipment then custom authority primarily use this information.
The shipping company or agency may choose any of the three modes to deliver goods and cargo depending on several factors such as budget, time and the type of good including the preference of the customer. If it is within the country then the land transport is used as it is cost efficient than the air shipment.
There are various public and private shipping companies which are so well organised internally and externally. Few major players in the shipping business are:-
1. DHL EXPRESS
2. FEDEX SHIPPING
3. BLUE DART
4. ROYAL MAIL
5. SCHENKER AG
6. CSCL-CHINA SHIPPING CONTAINER LINES
7. JAPAN POST SERVICES
8. YRC WORLDWIDE
- Encompass shipping is one of the major shipping company in USA. They are fully equipped to face any logistical challenge.
- The term shipping was originally referred as transport by sea but it is now extended to refer as transport by sea, land or air. The shipping company provides its customer the services according to their need. The services needed vary from business to business and customer to customer. The customer can opt for domestic services, international shipping, express shipping, pickup options, freight services etc…
- These companies have strong global network and valuable experience in international market which ensures customer’s full satisfaction while maintaining competitive price.
- They are able to ship the LOAD as per requirement by sea, land or air. They also offer some extra services like insurance, dissembling and assembling of items. Most of the shipping companies have their own large fleet of transport as well as their warehouses and they have the limits of delivering 15 million packages a day having almost 6 million customers in almost 220 countries across the world. In spite of core competition, the market shipping leaders are staying on top and fulfilling the shipper’s demand due to the globalisation of economy and foreign trade.
- The new shipping market dynamics makes the companies shift focus more on sea and air to increase volume and profitability. Time to time they offer reduced shipping cost, increased flexibility and fast transit time over other options which are not so cost efficient.
- It will not be wrong to say that in today’s times where internet and online services are one click away. We are still so dependent on shipping. They form a sort of life line for logistics, products or plain mail to move from one point to another.